Follow Us On Twitter

Left Floating Bar

Get Widget

Friday 20 June 2014

Paritosh Chakma denies issuing press statement against Mizoram govt

via Mizo News on June 20, 2014

Mizoram Chakma Development Forum (MCDF)


Aizawl: Former Mizoram Chakma Development Forum (MCDF) leader Paritosh Chakma has denied issuing a press statement which allegedly accused the Mizoram government of ignoring the “plight of the Chakma community”.

In a letter sent to several Mizoram dailies and dozens of online publications, including Mizonews.Net, the Delhi-based MCDF has accused the state with neglecting the problems faced by the Chakma population especially in view of the Mizo Zirlai Pawl’s plan to build a rest house at Borapansury under the Chakma Autonomous District Council.
Below is the full text of the letter.
Dear Editor,
I am writing to bring to your urgent notice about an ARTICLE published by the Mizonews.net titled “Mizoram government ignoring Chakmas’ plight” published in the OP-ED section on 17.6.2014. The link of the article is http://www.mizonews.net/op-ed/mizoram-government-ignoring-chakmas-plight/.
This is to inform you that the said article is not written by me and it seems that someone has misused my name. This is to further clarify that I am not associated with the Mizoram Chakma Development Forum (MCDF) in any way presently. It has been long since I resigned from being an office bearer of MCDF. 
The article deals with a highly sensitive issue in Mizoram. Since the article is not written by me and my name has been misused, I request you to kindly remove my name from the article at the earliest. Kindly inform me as soon as my name is removed from the article at my email.
Thanks,
Paritosh Chakma

New Delhi 

0 comments:

Post a Comment