Follow Us On Twitter

Left Floating Bar

Get Widget

Monday 30 March 2015

Northeast’s Rewati Chetri voted Miss India-Miss Popular and Miss Multimedia

via TNT on March 30, 2015


GUWAHATI: Rewati Chetri, Miss India 2015 finalist from Haflong, Assam representing North East has won the Miss India 2015 Miss Popular and Miss Multimedia subtitles in the grand finale of Miss India 2015 at Yashraj Studios in Mumbai on Saturday evening. She was chosen among the Top 10 finalist out of Top 21 finalists. After Himakshi Agarwal and Jantee Hazarika, Rewati is the third girl from Assam who made it into the finals of the coveted fashion and beauty icon show.
In a star-studded finale, Rewati Chetri was presented the Miss India 2015 Reliance Digital Miss Multimedia subtitle by Bollywood actor John Abraham along with a cash reward of Rupees One Lakh. The event was judged by eminent personalities from the industry like John Abraham, Manisha Koirala, Sonu Nigam, Anil Kapoor, Firoz Nadiadwala, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, Shilpa Shetty, Sonali Bendre, Shiamak Davar and Chitrangada Singh. The 2015 edition saw electrifying performances by Bollywood stars– Kareena Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandes, Shahid Kapoor and famous singers like Kanika Kapoor, Meet Brothers, and Shalmali Kholgade.
Bollywood personalities made appearances and  judges selected  top ten finalists out of 21 contestants  for this finale. Judge Firoz Nadiadwala’s questioned Rewati: How do you define success to which Rewati replied: Success is where I want to see myself in what I do the best.
Internet generated report says Rewati Chetri is the most followed, shared, downloaded and talked about Miss India finalist and her Facebook engagement was twice her nearest contestant. Each of her Facebook post were seen by more than 5000 persons and a maximum of over 54,000. Out of the 21 contestants, she also got the highest number of votes via WeChat application which the Miss India Oganisation said were in lakhs.
On being asked about her feelings on the ramps of Miss India 2015 grand finale, she said, “I could not count my heartbeats but I could feel the number of hearts beating for me. But it was not easy, it is not only about confidence,  intelligence and beauty but also about courage and knowledge and over all personality. As advised by you all, I celebrated being there, enjoyed every moment, gave my best and cheered for myself and made it to Top 10 Finalist. I could feel seven sisters states and one brother Sikkim, Darjeeling and Gorkha and North East populated cities and towns of India and rest of world support and prayers for me. Frankly speaking, I am happy that  I won billions of hearts though I could not bring the crown”

0 comments:

Post a Comment